The main objective of the CiTIUS Equality Committee is to ensure the principle of equality in all CiTIUS activities and particularly in the following areas:
- Gender perspective in all phases of the research activity
- Staff selection and recruitment processes
- Career development and promotion
- Working conditions and co-responsible work-life balance
- Equality training
- Organisational culture of equality
- Paula López Martínez, Coordinator and associated researcher
- Diego Cabello Ferrer, associated researcher
- Natalia Seoane Iglesias, associated researcher
- Álvaro Ordóñez Iglesias, collaborator researcher
- Cristina Carbajal Pérez, pre-doctoral researcher
- Marcos Fernández Pichel, pre-doctoral researcher
- María Tenorio Miranda, Knowledge Management and Transfer unit technician
The USC published a non-sexist language guide: Non-sexist language criteria
The USC promotes services to foster co-responsible conciliation and make work and family life compatible. These initiatives are aimed at the entire university community:
- Breogán Infant School, aimed at children aged 0-3 years. Its pedagogical line is based on affection, observation, experimentation and play through a comprehensive educational project.
- Summer Campus, with a programme of sports and leisure activities aimed at children aged 4-17 during the last weeks of June, July and early September.
Pregnancy, childbirth and childcare leave
The USC has a series of paid leaves for pregnancy, birth, adoption or fostering of minors:
- Pregnancy leave from the 1st day of the 37th week of pregnancy until childbirth. In multiple gestation from the 1st day of the 35th week.
- Maternity, adoption or foster care leave of 22 weeks for childbirth, of which 6 weeks must be taken immediately following the birth on a full-time basis. The remaining 16 weeks may be taken at any time on a full-time or part-time basis during the baby's first year of life. They must be taken in blocks of at least 1 week, notifying 15 days in advance.
- Permission for the other parent due to birth, adoption or fostering of 16 non-transferable weeks, of which 6 will necessarily be immediately after the birth and full-time. The remaining 10 weeks can be enjoyed at any time full or part time during the baby's first year of life. They must be taken in blocks of at least 1 week, notifying 15 days in advance.
- Breastfeeding leave for a child under 12 months of age: 1 hour of absence from work, which may be divided into 2 fractions. It may be replaced by a leave that accumulates the corresponding time in full days or by a credit of hours to be taken at any time after maternity leave.
For any questions regarding permits, you can ask Pilar Martínez Carou at the Secretariat.
USC Protocol on harassment
The USC has a Protocol for the prevention of and action against sexual harassment and harassment based on sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, which can be consulted here.
For any suggestions or queries, please contact any of the members of the CiTIUS Equality Commission.
The USC also has a USC Gender Equality Office:
- Address: Pabellón Estudiantil, Rúa de Lope Gómez de Marzoa, 4. Campus Vida, 15705 Santiago de Compostela
- Phone number: 881 811 310, 881 811 309
- E-mail: email@example.com