VPN manual for Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9 and 10.10
- Install the Tunnelblick program. For Mac OS X 10.9 and 10.10 it is necessary to install Tunnelblick 3.4 or higher or it won't work correctly.
- Unzip the
zipfile found in your user's home in the VPN folder in other directory and add the extension
- Open that directory which now will be recognized by Tunnelblick as a VPN configuration.
- When asked if “Make configuration available to all users” choose «Only me». Introduce your user and password in the system.
- In the applications menu open Tunnelbrick.
- In the configuration, choose Use DNS and in the dropdown Set DNS/WINS.
- If the Tunnelblick version has this option, choose OpenVPN 2.4 or greater. Versions 2.3.x are not working with this setup.